As part of the Safer City Streets initiative, the International Transport Forum (ITF) organises a series of webinars to share best practice for urban road safety. The webinars will explore the policy toolkit for the elimination of serious and fatal crashes. This includes speed management, street design, predictive analytics, procurement and the engagement of a wide range of stakeholders.
This final webinar session will highlight how Rotterdam and New York City are moving to a proactive risk-based assessment approach on road safety. These cities are part of the recent ITF publication on Best Practice for Urban Road Safety. The debate will focus on their strategies to understand risk factors, to identify high-risk locations before crashes accumulate, and to intervene proactively.
- Remco Smit, Road Safety Advisor, City of Rotterdam
- Arjan Knol, Data Scientist Lead, DOK Data Netherlands
- Rob Viola, Director of Safety Policy & Research, New York City Department of Transportation
- Seth Hostetter, Director of Safety Analytics and Mapping, New York City Department of Transportation
- Rafaella Basile, Policy Analyst, International Transport Forum